No Fuss North African Lamb Roast
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
• ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
• 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
• 1 long fresh red chilli, chopped
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 2 teaspoons ground coriander
• 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
• 50g butter, at room temperature
• 2kg (4.5 lbs) leg of lamb
• 160 kg (2/3 cup) Greek Style Yoghurt
• Large pinch of saffron threads
• 375ml(11/2 cups)water
• 360g(21/4 cups) couscous
• 875ml(31/2 cups) chicken stock
• Fresh mint leaves, to serve
• Fresh parsley leaves, to serve
• Steamed green beans, to serve
Step 1 Process the fresh coriander, chopped parsley, garlic, chilli, cumin, ground coriander and paprika in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add butter and process to combine. Season.
Step 2 Score the lamb crossways. Rub the coriander mixture over the lamb and into the cuts. Cover and place in fridge for 2 hours or overnight to marinate.
Step 3 Combine yoghurt and saffron in a bowl. Cover and store in the fridge.
Step 4 Preheat oven to 425F. Place lamb in a roasting pan. Roast for 30 minutes. Drain fat. Reduce oven to 350F. Add the water. Roast for 1 hour, adding more water if necessary. Transfer the lamb to a platter, reserving the juices in the pan. Cover with foil. Set aside to rest.
Step 5 Stir couscous into the reserved juices in the pan. Add the stock. Cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in mint and parsley leaves. Serve with lamb, beans and yoghurt mixture.
Preparation time excludes overnight marinating time.